The NI Archaeology Forum was launched in October 2007. It’s membership of individuals and organisations aims to protect, study and promote the historic environment.
NIAF has a very open and inclusive membership ethos. The Forum’s remit is archaeology, but it is enthusiastic to work with others to promote all aspects of the historic environment.
- To encourage cooperative action to raise archaeology up the politicial and public agendas;
- To advance understanding through education and awareness activities;
- To promote the economic, cultural, social and environmental value of the historic environment and its links to sustainable development;
- To protect the resource through encouraging good ractive at all excavations, including post–excavation and publication; and
- To encourage a coordinated and proactive approach to research into the historic environment and its dissemination.